Nuffnang

Scroll Down to Check out my Travel Posts over here too!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Saveur - French Cuisine in a Coffeeshop!

I had read about Saveur from another blog that I am following.  We came here last Sunday but the stall was closed as they had a wedding function to attend.  We wanted to try our luck again today and finally, we got a taste of the French Cuisine served in this coffeeshop.  At first, we thought the stall was closed again because the stall looked rather dim and quiet.  We decided to sit down first, found a table just next to the road, looking at "Awfully Chocolate".  However, we were "disturbed" by the auntie "Mary"selling the Tau Kwa Pau, who kept asking whether we wanted to order her Tau Kwa Pau or laksa.  She was kind of disappointed when we said no to her. 

The french stall opened at 12 noon.  I went to take the menu immediately when I saw the chef coming out from the stall wearing a black apron.  There were many newspaper articles at the front of the stall and if I am not wrong, it was set up and run by two young chaps.  The menu is quite simple, one side for the starter and the other side shows the mains.  The cod fish dish was not available, left with only 4 mains to choose from.
 Foie Gras (30g at $7.50)
We ordered one to share as a starter.  Having one piece by myself is a bit too sinful :P
 Hubby ordered Duck Confit.  ($8.90)
I had Chicken Roulade stuffed with foie gras, served on basmati rice.  ($8.90) 
Saveur
Ali Baba Eating House (Next to Aston's)
125 East Coast Road
Website:  http://www.saveur.sg/

3 comments:

Eileen. 静 said...

looks good! nice or not ? hehee

Miso said...

Foie Gras was good! Can give it a try. I always admire these young entrepreneurs, do support them! :D

Anonymous said...

Hello! I realize this is kind of off-topic however I needed to ask. Does operating a well-established website like yours require a massive amount work? I am completely new to blogging but I do write in my diary every day. I’d like to start a blog so I will be able to share my experience and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!