Nuffnang

Scroll Down to Check out my Travel Posts over here too!

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Charlie Brown Cafe @ Orchard Cineleisure

Last weekend, I got to collect my event's pack for "Bare Your Soles 2014" at Orchard Central.  We parked our car at Orchard Cineleisure and after the collection, we decided to settle our late lunch at Charlie Brown Cafe at Cineleisure.
 A friendly Charlie Brown sculpture at the front of the restaurant welcoming us with the menu.
 We were allowed to sit anywhere we liked because the restaurant was quite empty.  We went right to the back and chose a corner seat besides the shelving with Snoopy sculpture on top.
 Took some photos of the little ornaments that they placed at the shelving.


 The restaurant was exceptionally quiet with only 1-2 tables occupied.  The whole place was clean and neat, decorated with a few Peanuts' character sculptures.  However, it was a completely different concept compared to the very cosy Charlie Brown Cafe that I visited in Hong Kong a few years back.  I felt that the one in Hong Kong was more "Kawaii" and better decorated as a themed restaurant.     
Front cover of the menu was quite cute with all the Peanuts Comic Strip's characters.
 I decided to order Hawaiian Baked Rice since I like cheese baked rice and it was one of their recommendations.
 Hubby ordered Charlie Cappucino and hoped that he would get a cute character on his coffee.
 Sweet drink - Cranberry Raspberry Snapple for me.
A Smiley Snoopy's outline made from cocoa powder dusting :)
 My main course was served and it looked quite promising.
 However, I was utterly disappointed with the food.  If you took away the top layer of cheese and ham, below was just plain rice.  I am quite sure that I could whip up something better than this for less than $5!  This cost $11.80 before GST and Service Charge.  
 Charlie's Famous Lamb Chop ($18.80) was not very impressive too and definitely not worth the price tag.
 I think we will probably not return for the pricey average food.  By the way, "Eighteen Chefs" that is a few steps away was brimming with good business.

A few more photos of the restaurant.....
  A very small corner to sell Peanuts' merchandise. 



Charlie Brown Cafe
8 Grange Road,#04-01
Cathay Cineleisure Orchard
Singapore 239695
Tel: +65 6836 5344
Fax: +65 6547 4735

No comments: