Nuffnang

Scroll Down to Check out my Travel Posts over here too!

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Tiong Bahru Bakery by Gontran Cherrier

I need to make a trip down to Tiong Bahru during one of the weekdays to do some admin work.  As the Tiong Bahru Market was closed for cleaning up on the same day, I then decided to have my brunch at Tiong Bahru Bakery.  This was my first time dining in here, but on my own.
Push open the heavy wooden door to get entry to the cafe.
These buns were so pretty to look at!  The front three buns reminded me of "Pac-Man", with the mouth open.  Haha...  Which buns caught your attention the most?
Pretty tarts..
More tarts...
I had a cup of flat white ($5.50) and was very pleased with the very defined coffee art that they had for me.  :)  The heart shape was very nicely done.
Some of my friends who saw this said it was gross!  The Squid Ink Bun!  There's lots of greens in the bun, together with smoked salmon and ham.  It was quite nice but of course, the saltiness of the smoked salmon overwhelmed the taste of the squid ink bun.  How does squid ink taste like?  I Dunno! LOL!  
My nice brunch of the day in a very comfortable setting.  :)

Tiong Bahru Bakery
56 Eng Hoon Street, #01-70
Singapore 160056

Open from 8am to 8pm.
Closed on Tuesdays.

No comments: