Nuffnang

Scroll Down to Check out my Travel Posts over here too!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pontian Wanton Noodles @ Toa Payoh

Today is the start of the first weekend spent with hubby after he came back from the States. Morning at around 10 plus, we went over to our friends' house to pass them our Rainbow Vacuum Cleaner as they would like to try the system first before investing about 3k on the cleaner.   After that, we rushed over to Toa Payoh to catch Iron Man 2 at 1pm.  We reached the box office at about 12.40pm and quickly bought the movie tickets.  We had a quick lunch at Subway before the show.  We only ordered 1 set to share as we thought after the movie, we could have a proper/ better meal.

Show ended at about 3pm and we did a bit of shopping around the neighbourhood stalls before our stomach grew hungry again.  We passed by a coffee shop that sells "Pontian Wanton Noodle" and I told hubby to have our "lunch" there.  There are many branches of "Pontian Wanton Noodles" all over Singapore, all with the same signboard.  We had eaten Pontian Noodles quite a few times at Sengkang Square Kopitiam and we like the springy noodles with the black sauce, and also the fried wanton.  This time round, I reminded hubby not to order the noodles with chilli sauce as their chilli sauce is very hot and I don't like it.  Prefer the normal black sauce.  On their signboard, it states that the noodles will not soften (ie turn soggy) even you have it take-away.  I think this is definitely a plus point for them.
Coffeshop at Toa Payoh
I have not been to Pontian to taste the authentic Pontian Wanton Noodles there.  I wonder whether these Pontian noodles in Singapore taste similar to those in Pontian?

1 comment:

Shu Ping said...

Hi,

I am Shu Ping from Fulford PR. One of my clients, inSing.com, is organising a Hawker Lover contest and I would like to send you some information regarding it. I am unable to locate your email address on your food blog, hence do you mind contacting me at spkhew@fulfordpr.com when you see this message?

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.