Nuffnang

Scroll Down to Check out my Travel Posts over here too!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ikkousha (Ramen Champion @ Iluma)

Who is the Ultimate Ramen Champion here?
The Challengers - 6 Ramen Iron Chef
Each has their own specialty ramen

Long queue at Bario.  However, I don't really like beansprouts and so I conveniently ordered my ramen from Ikkousha, just situated next to Bario.  No queue!
Ikkousha serves Hakata ramen, a regional version of ramen that came from the Hakata district of Fukuoka city in Kyushu.  I ordered their signature ramen - Hakata Ajitama Ramen ($13+).  Presentation wise, not bad, seems like a fulfilling bowl of ramen with black fungas, Charsu, spring onions and a soft-boiled egg in pork bone broth.  The noodle used are the slightly thinner ones, Charsu is thick but not the melt-in-the-mouth type.  The egg is just ok but not as memorable as the one that I had at Marutama.  :)
Again, like most authentic Japenese Ramen, the broth is very thick but salty.  Did feel thirsty after the meal and I went to Koi immediately after that.  lol...
Would like to check out the other 5 ramen stalls soon!  Which is your favourite ramen stall here?

No comments: