Nuffnang

Scroll Down to Check out my Travel Posts over here too!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Lunch at Adobo! and my New Pet (Marimo) from 112 Katong!!

Adobo is the name of a popular dish and cooking process in Philippine cuisine that involves meat or seafood marinated in a sauce of vinegar and garlic, browned in oil, and simmered in the marinade. 
[credit:  Wikipedia].  

We were here at Ali Baba Eating House as I would like to try their cripsy roasted pork again.  However, I was slightly disappointed when they were still preparing this dish and wouldn't be ready so soon.  Hubby asked for their recommendation and ordered the Filipino Sausages.
I had stewed pork instead.  The sambal really can kill!  I only dipped a bit to the meat and my whole tongue went numb immediately.  No joke!  The meat itself was quite sweet in taste.
Lumpia Shanghai (Fried Eggrolls) - $0.50 each
Total cost for our lunch here was only $9.  Pocket-friendly!
After lunch, we proceeded to 112 Katong, the newly opened mall which is just across the road.

Inside the mall with all the X'mas Decor.
Angelic Theme
Bought something from the mall.... MARIMO!!!!  I got super excited when I saw them for sale in Singapore.  I thought I could only get them in Japan.  Hubby must be wondering how these 2 little furry balls could get me so darn excited.  Haha....
Cute right? 

7 comments:

bookjunkie said...

are those furry balls alive? looks interesting :)

Miso said...

It is a type of algae, so it is considered a living thing.... Hee...

Wen said...

Wishing you a Blessed and Merry Christmas!

Jazzy Maine said...

Nearly bought some back from Hokkaido last year but didnt do it cuz not sure how to keep them surviving. Hee ... bought marimo tea back instead, odd taste though

Miso said...

Didn't know got marimo tea. Ha.. if I got a chance to go to the Hokkaido marimo shop, I sure shop there like crazy.

Dancesingirl said...

Hi! Which shop did you find your marimos in?

Miso said...

Toy Outpost