Nuffnang

Scroll Down to Check out my Travel Posts over here too!

Friday, March 29, 2013

Maccha House 抹茶館 @ Orchard Central

After having a great meal at Kuriya Penthouse, we did some window-shopping around the mall before settling down at Maccha House for some desserts.  It had been quite a while that we had not stepped into Orchard Central.  
 My friend Sam, ordered Matcha Ice Cream Anmitsu ($7.90) which was served with azuki, jelly and tangerine.  The set came along with brown tea too.  Sam commented that this was quite nice and fortunately, she didn't really put in all the green tea sweet syrup into her dessert.  It came really useful to me when I had my share of dessert later on.  
 My other friend, Pauline ordered a Mixed Dorayaki ($9.90).  We were all shocked when this was served.  Not only it was huge, it didn't look like the photo of the dorayaki presented in the menu.  There was lots of whipped cream which Pauline didn't like and the whole presentation looked rather messy.
 Pauline also ordered Green Tea Soda ($2.40 for Regular) and she commented it was the most bitter soda she ever had in her life!  Haha....
 I thought of having something simple so I ordered Matcha Soy Milk Pudding ($5.90).  The texture was very firm and not the common bouncy type of pudding.  However, the dessert was also very very bitter!  After I poured the whole  mini-cup of sweet syrup into my pudding, I also took Sam's syrup and poured everthing into it!

Maccha House
#B1-40, Orchard Central,
181 Orchard Road,
Singapore 238896 (Somerset MRT),
Opening Hours: 11:00am – 10:00pm

No comments: