Nuffnang

Scroll Down to Check out my Travel Posts over here too!

Sunday, December 16, 2012

X'mas Party with my "Multiply" friends

Merry Christmas to everyone in advance as I will not be updating this blog until after Christmas.  I will be away in Malaysia till end of next week.  I will share a blogpost on a Christmas Party that I had just attended today.

This was my second Christmas Party with my "Multiply" friends.  What or Where is "Multiply"?  Oh well, it is a social website that we used to connect with other online friends.  I started using "Multiply" when I was preparing for my wedding back in 2007 and often took a peep into other brides-to-be's experiences in their preparation too, through the photos that we uploaded in the Multiply albums.  Then, after my wedding, I continued to use Multiply to connect with others who shared same interests with me, mainly travels and food!  However, due to competition from facebook and other social media websites, "Multiply" is closing down by end of this year.  However, I was glad that I made friends with my online Multiply friends and we had frequent celebrations and gatherings that really spice up my life.  I do hope we will continue to build up our friendship in the years to come.

If you are interested, this is my "Multiply" link which contained many of my wedding and travel photos.  However, do note that it will close down anytime soon.

This year, our Christmas Party was again held at The Raintree and as usual, we tend to bring too much food since it was a potluck party.  We also had gift exchanges for both the adults and children.  It was fun for everyone with good food and good company.  :)

For me, I contributed Char Siew pastry and egg tarts from "8tarts & Pastries" from Tampines Mall Basement.
 Other than the original flavour, I also bought coconut and jackfruit egg tarts to try.
 Pizzas from Sarpino's, contributed by Cheryl.

 Theresa prepared some finger food for the kids.

The host, Hazel prepared some dry laksa.
 Pauline prepared eggs and pasta.



 Kimchi and Kimbap from Mrs Park.

 Angeline cooked vegetable curry.
 Sam bought Soon Kueh and Rice Kueh.

Janice bought 2 chicken pies from "Don - Your Personal Pie Club"

 Geok Ping made delicious Prawn roll in Beancurd Skin and Fried Wanton.

                                           Jiaming bought lots of fried items from Old Chang Kee.

Some photos of the gift exchanges:

Before the start of gift exchange for the kids, we need a young disciplinary mistress to help to settle down the kids and you can see she was doing quite a good job!










 This Caucasian lady is not in "Multiply" but she is Jiaming's pen-pal since she was 11 years old!  Almost 20 years of writing to each other and this is her second visit to Singapore!
X'mas lady of the day - Fiona 
 The 3 of us had one another's gifts... What a coincidence!
  I got Angeline's gift - A very nice bracelet and necklace :)
Thanks Angeline for the lovely gifts!

Group Photo

No comments: