Nuffnang

Scroll Down to Check out my Travel Posts over here too!

Sunday, March 27, 2016

FYR Cycene Ond Drinc - Restaurant Week 2016

This was our first time booking a restaurant during the restaurant week.  By the time when I logged in, most of the very popular restaurants were already fully booked.  The lunch set for a 3-course set menu for most of the restaurants cost around $28++.  

I picked this restaurant, located at Boon Tat street that I had not heard before. I did a search on the Internet, the restaurant name is pronounced as "Fire Kitchen and Drink"!  That's interesting!  =)
We went on a Saturday, around 1.30pm during the restaurant week and the place was fully packed.  We were allocated to two high seats, next to the drink bar.  Tables were placed very closed to one another so we could actually hear the conversation of the two ladies seated next to us.  


I ordered their Grilled Orange Juice (Seasonal) - $5 and hubby ordered a glass of Steinlager ($11).  The grilled orange juice, tasted just like normal orange juice.
Both of us ordered the same starter - Baked Freshly-Shucked Oysters.  The other two options were prawns or grilled beetroot.
For the mains, I had the pork collar (top up $11++) and hubby had the T-bone steak (top up $12++).  I was very satisfied with my mains.  
The steak was accompanied with sambal sauce which hubby didn't like.  
Buttered Tapioca which came together as the side for the steak.
There were two choices for desserts and thus, we ordered both for each of us.



Overall, the restaurant serves great food and also comes with very good service.  Overall, we paid $112 for the meal.

No comments: