Nuffnang

Scroll Down to Check out my Travel Posts over here too!

Monday, April 27, 2015

Yummy Sarawak Kolo Mee @ Tampines Round Market

I used to stay in Tampines for more than a decade of my life but I didn't like to go market when I was young.  My mum would always "tabao" food from the Tampines Round Market for me in the past.  I remember she would normally buy chicken noodles or pork ribs noodles for me.  After I shifted out of Tampines, only then I realized that there are many "gems" in this market.  One of which is this "Yummy Sarawak Kolo Mee".  It is easy to spot this stall with bright yellow signboard and a long waiting queue.  Last Saturday, I followed my hubby to service his car at Tampines Industrial area.  We walked over to the round market for breakfast whilst the car was at the car servicing workshop.  Since we had time to spare, I decided to join the long queue for the very first time for the famous Sarawak Kolo Mee.     
 This stall was featured in many Channel U, Channel 8 food variety shows and also certified by Makansutra for its quality Wanton Mee.
 I saw a huge pot of braised chicken feet (very plump!) at the stall front and was almost tempted to order chicken feet noodles.  However, I decided to order two bowls of their Signature Kolo Mee instead and will save the chicken feet noodles for the next time.
 Tatah!!!  Signature Kolo Mee ($4) with pork ribs, char siew, wantons (two boiled and one fried) and a plump dumpling with crunchy chestnuts bits inside.  The kolo mee Chilli is optional but be warned, it is very spicy.  The curly Kolo Mee was served dry with some special sauce which somehow reminded me of instant noodles (like those Indo Mee Dry).  Overall, it was a satifying bowl of Kolo Mee.  :)      

Yummy Sarawak Kolo Mee
Tampines Round Market & Food Centre
Blk 137, Tampines St 11, #01-44,
S521137

No comments: