Nuffnang

Scroll Down to Check out my Travel Posts over here too!

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Outram Park Ya Hua Rou Gu Cha 欧南园亚华肉骨茶 @ Keppel Road

What is your first meal for the year 2013?  Ours was a Bak Kut Teh meal at Outram Park Ya Hua Rou Gu Cha.  As we drove into the carpark around noon on New Year Day, it seemed that most of the shops and even the coffeshops next to it were all closed.  Surprisingly, after we had parked our car and walked up the stairs, we could see that Ya Hua Rou Gu Cha coffeeshop was bustling with lots of people!  Service was rather slow on that day as the place was overly-crowded.
 The you tiao (fried dough sticks) had improved in terms of the crunchiness since the last time we were here.  If I remember correctly, their you tiao used to be too soft without the crunch.
 Salted Vegetables
Braised intestines - One of my favourite dishes that I would order everytime I am here.
 My bowl of Bak Kut Teh (Lean Meat).  The bowl was rather small but you can ask for free refill of the soup.  I felt that the soup was peppery hot but quite salty.  However, it was good that we didn't feel thirsty after gulping 2 bowls of soup.

Outram Park Ya Hua Rou Gu Cha
PSA Tanjong Paga Complex
7 Keppel Road
#01-05 - #01-07
S089053

No comments: