Nuffnang

Scroll Down to Check out my Travel Posts over here too!

Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 1 - Hong Kong (Mak's Noodle 麥奀雲吞麵世家/ Yee Shun Milk Company 義順牛奶公司)

We reached Hong Kong at around 2pm.  We took the Airport bus A21 from the airport to our hotel and reached the hotel at around 4.15pm. After checking-in to our hotel (Prudential Hotel), which is located just above Jordan MTR, we walked over to Mak's Noodle to have our early dinner.  

To get to this shop as well as the famous Australian Milk Company, exit from C2 at Jordan MTR, walked down and turn right at the 2nd junction at Parkes Street.

I recommended this plate of braised pork trotters noodles to my hubby.  (HKD 42)
 Made a boo-boo here.  Immediately when we were seated, the lady staff stood besides me and asked for our order.  I didn't even have a chance to take a good look at their menu and felt a bit pressurized when she was all prepared to write down our order.  I wanted to order shrimp dumplings noodles and with a quick glance, I saw "蝦子撈麵" on the menu and thought this should be shrimp dumplings noodles.  However, I ended up with this plate of prawn roe noodles being served to me instead.  I added the oyster sauce into the noodles as the noodles were quite dry.  This was my first time trying prawn roe noodles.  (HKD 43)

Mak's Noodle 麥奀雲吞麵世家
G/F, 55 Parkes Street
Jordan, Hong Kong

 After dinner, we took a leisure walk along Temple Street, from Jordan to Mongkok area.
Lots of handphone accessories could be found here.

Spotted our favourite dessert shop - Yee Shun Milk Company 義順牛奶公司 and we went in without much hesitation.
 However, the price of the dessert seemed to have increased by quite a fair bit.  This bowl of steamed milk in two films now cost HKD 27, which is around S$4.50!  3 years ago, it cost only HKD 17.
 We bought some dim sum back from this shop for supper too!  However, I would advise not to have take-away for dim sum such as the buns as they will turn soggy very quickly.  I also realized that the skin of their chee cheong fun is usually quite thick which I don't really like.

The next day, we went hiking at Cheung Chau.  I will blog about our trip in the next blog post.  Stay tuned!  :)

1 comment:

San Wen Ji said...

for dim sum,not try to buy from those。 dim sum put in a cabinet (although it is common in SG)