Nuffnang

Scroll Down to Check out my Travel Posts over here too!

Monday, September 7, 2020

The Acai Lab - Online Acai Bowl Delivery

 I have not tried acai bowl before as it is not available around my neighbourhood or workplace and they are not quite available in the malls that I normally frequent.  During this Covid period, it opens up doors for us to try the various online delivery services as most of the time, other than work, we are usually at home.  After reading the recommendation from Best In Singapore on "Best 7 Acai Bowl Delivery in Singapore", I decided to place an order with "The Acai Lab" and to give it a try!  Yes!  This was our maiden attempt to try acai bowl.  
I ordered three different acai bowls as I always like to try out food of different varieties or same type of food but of different flavours (if any).  These were my order:  
1)  Signature Acai Bowl, 2)  Tropical Acai and 3)  Berry Berries.

This was how the acai bowls looked like when they arrived at our door.  They were delivered chilled and the acai puree was still mostly frozen.  

Tip:  I do recommend you to freeze the acai bowl for around 20-30 mins before consuming it.  By then, it would really be icy cold (like frozen ice-cream) and it will help to enhances the taste.  I tried it with one of my acai bowls and I do feel that it tasted better.

What exactly is acai?  Why can't I find fresh acai berries in the supermarket?  I did a little bit of research online and this was what I found out:

Acai berries are 1-inch (2.5-cm) round fruits that grow on acai palm trees in the rainforests of Central and South America. They have a dark purple skin and yellow flesh surrounding a large seed.


Fresh acai berries have a short shelf life and aren't available outside of where they are grown. As an export, they are sold as a frozen purée, dried powder or pressed juice. - Healthline.com


PurpleBlend
The acai puree aka the PurpleBlend which "The Acai Lab" calls it, is actually a base comprises of mostly fresh açaí berry puree complemented with several other purple superfoods such as blueberries, strawberries, elderberries, cranberries and figs blended with banana and milk base.


Signature Acai Bowl
I would definitely recommend this if you are new to Acai bowl as it contains a good mix of nuts, superfood and fruits.  At "The Acai Lab", their signature acai bowl is topped with granola, banana strawberry, blueberry, kiwi, raisin, pumpkin seed, coconut flake, cranberry and chia seed.  This was my favourite acai bowl amongst the three different bowls as you will find a combination of taste (both sweet and sour) as well as smooth and crunchy texture.  Moreover, I froze this bowl for 30 mins before consuming it.  It tasted really shiok!   
Berry Berries
I had this acai bowl immediately when it was delivered.  I love berries so I chose this specialty bowl that contains blueberries and strawberries.  It had a special acai mango base and also topped with granola, raisins and almonds.


Tropical Bowl

Hubby preferred more fruits for his acai bowl so I ordered the tropical bowl for him.  It contained a variety of food that is in season - pineapple, banana, mango.  In addition, there were also raisin, coconut flakes, walnut, cranberries and chia seed.
Have you already tried Acai Bowl?
Be it yes or no, since they are tasty and come with so many health benefits, do give them a try!  😋

The Acai Lab
Facebook | Instagram | Website

Best in Singapore:
Facebook | Instagram | Website

No comments: